The following points outline the services provided and applicable restrictions relative to INVIARE and Caribbean Shipping Agencies Limited.
Packages can be delivered to your P.O. Box address via
- Domestic or International Courier
- Postal Service
- Personal Delivery
All packages delivered must be accompanied by a Commercial Invoice and Delivery Note.
Weight and Packages
- INVIARE charges freight based on the industry standard of actual weight.
- Cash on Delivery (C.O.D.) shipments will not be accepted.
- INVIARE and Caribbean Shipping Agencies Limited are not liable for loss or damage of cargo prior to arrival at our warehouse in Miami.
- Each member / consignee is responsible for all charges on packages / cargo shipped via their P.O. Box address.
- The customer must ensure that a commercial invoice accompanies each package / shipment. Failure to present a commercial invoice may result in delivery delays or additional charges (including storage) which will be for the account of the consignee / member.
- All cargo will be Customs Cleared according to the Customs Act 78:01 of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- We encourage all members to utilize the insurance option in order to safeguard their risk and interest.
- Insurance fees are 1.5% of the insured value or part thereof.
- Any package received without an invoice will only be insured for a maximum value of USD$100.00 exclusive of shipping charges.
Unless properly crated / packaged for international transportation, we would not insure the following items:
- Televisions: (Plasma, LCD or LED)
- Computer Monitors
- Flatbed scanners & Printers
- Cell Phones
- Light Fixtures
- Any other porcelain, ceramic, glass, or concrete products.
Hazardous Materials and Dangerous Goods
Any Hazardous Material / Dangerous Goods will be shipped to Trinidad via airfreight as “CARGO.” The rate for transporting hazardous materials or dangerous goods vary based on commodity, composition and quantity and the rate for this is not outlined on this website.
The following items will not be accepted
- Animal Skins / Pelts
- Perishable and or refrigerated items
- Lighters & matches
- Hazardous Material
- Mail or magazine subscriptions
It is the responsibility of the shipper to comply with and conform to Government regulations as it relates to the importation of items. All shipments are subject to inspection by Customs Officials or representative of other government agencies prior to release for delivery.
For additional information please verify with the relevant government agencies.
Limitations of Claims and Liabilities
INVIARE and Caribbean Shipping Agencies Limited will not accept for shipment any item shipped to our address which is opened or damaged. We will however, notify the member. No claims will be accepted or processed for these items and we will assume no responsibility to liability.
INVIARE and Caribbean Shipping Agencies Limited will not be held liable for any delay, loss or damage caused by acts of God, action or omission of any statutory authority or force majure.
We will not accept any claims for delays or damages on packages in transit to our warehouse.
We are not liable for any delays, damages of any kind, including but not limited to breach of contract, loss of profit, income or interest, loss of business opportunity, loss of use, loss of content, or any loss or damage arising from the inherent nature of the cargo whether or not we were aware that such damage might have occurred even if the delay was our fault in securing, transporting or delivering the shipment.
INVIARE and Caribbean Shipping Agencies Limited will not be liable for acts or omissions by the shipper or consignee or anyone else who may have interest in the shipment.
INVIARE and Caribbean Shipping Agencies Limited reserve the right, at our discretion and without liability or obligation to refund freight charges.
INVIARE and Caribbean Shipping Agencies Limited will not be liable if any shipper, consignee or cargo interest violates any of the terms and conditions here listed.
Storage Fees / Uncollected Packages
Inviare/Caribbean Shipping Agencies Ltd. will store packages for a period of up to fourteen (14) days from arrival date, FREE of charge. Any package not collected thereafter will be subject to a storage fee of TT$10.00 (plus VAT) per day until collected.
Packages not collected after three (3) months from arrival date will be considered abandoned and immediately become the property of Inviare/Caribbean Shipping Agencies Ltd. These packages will be auctioned /sold to assist in offsetting charges incurred for same.